HomeArtist Bio/StudioArtwork for SaleFind Me HereCustomer Feedback

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New Offering for Pfatt Marketplace - Tomorrow, April 10th!

Hi Friends out there in Bloglandia!

NOTE:  If you are looking for my free tutorial on miniature polymer clay candy, it is in the next post below this one!!

I wanted to blog a little today to post pictures of my newest piece that will be available exclusively on Pfatt Marketplace tomorrow.  Last month, I got an email asking me to be the Artist of the Month for Pfatt.  What is that?  Well if you go to www.pfattmarketplace.com tomorrow, (the site posts new items on the 10th of each month), they have a main page listed there at the top of the artist's list.  Each month a new artist is picked to post his/her profile on the main page and tell us about how they got starting in their craft.  Well, this month, it's my turn.  It is such an honor to be picked among all the talent on the site .... and a little scary too!  But, tomorrow my main page will go up and you can read all about me.  LOL!  I hope it sounds ok.

As well as writing up a main page article on yourself, you have to make an exclusive piece of art for that month.  Now, anyone that knows me, knows I would make Halloween all year long.  It's April -- who is going to want a Halloween piece?  So I though hard about something I have always wanted to try to make; something that I could possibly incorporate into Halloween when it rolls around.  I thought of wings!  So, I have created my first angel - ever!  She sits in a wooden box and the letters
L-O-V-E are represented on each side of the box.    Below are a few pictures of her.

"LOVE ANGEL"


What I am most proud about are the wings.  They are sculpted out of paper clay, over an inner armature- one feather at a time.  Very time consuming, but so worth the look!
The angel's body is also embossed with swirls and hearts.



The wings are sculpted on both sides!  So pretty all the way around!


Her arms and hands are sculpted separately and added after the embossing was completed on her body.

 Love Angel's hands are over her heart in a gesture of love.


This is a picture of the tops of her wings.  They have been lightly glittered, 
which is hard to see in the photo, but beautiful in person.
I wanted them to have an ethereal look. 
 Regardless if you can see the glitter, the detail is stunning.
I am very pleased with the outcome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Creating these wings was such an artistic challenge for me and I have learned so many do's and don't along the way.  I can't wait to incorporate these types of wings into my Halloween art.  Stay tuned for winged skeletons, gargoyles, cemetery angels and vampire bats!  That is when the fun will begin!  

Please check out my listing on Pfatt Marketplace tomorrow (April 10th) at 10am Pacific time.  Go to www.pfattmarketplace.com and look up Charmed Confections.  Click on the link below to take you to the site.


Be well my friends and have a wonderful day!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations LeeAnn! My goodness, she is just beautiful! Amazing detail, just exquisite!!
Kim

maddyrose said...

Love your angel, she's wonderful!

Charmed Confections said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comments. She was definitely a challenge for me. Glad she's done ... and in time for Pfatt Marketplace. Thank you for posting a comment and for stopping by! Love your art too!